The Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) is the recognized body representing all Registered Estate Agents in the country. Formerly known as the Malaysian Association of Real Estate Agents (MARAE), it was formed in 1974 but officially registered on April 1977 with the Registrar of Societies, Malaysia.
The name “Malaysian Association of Real Estate Agents” (MARAE) was changed to “Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents” (MIEA) on May 3, 1989 to reflect a more professional image of the organization as it progressed through the years.
Presently, all practicing Estate Agents are required to be approved and registered with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents, Malaysia in accordance with the Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents is under the purview of the Ministry of Finance.
To unite all Registered Estate Agents in Malaysia to becomes an Independent Body and to promote greater excellence and professionalism in the Real Estate Industry toward higher ideals and greater profitability.
- Address Critical Issues Which Affect Our Industry;
- Cultivate A Positive Public Perception For The Interest Of Our Profession;
- Safeguard And Protect The Interest of Our Members And The General Public;
- Uphold High Professional Standards, Ethics And Integrity Amongst Members;
- Commitment To Continuous Education To Keep Members Progressive And Current On Issues To Stay Competitive;
- Encourage The General Public To Use The Services Of Registered Estate Agents Only, Through Public Awareness.
You may find more information of MIEA at http://www.miea.com.my